Simple Present Tense means the things that happens often or is factual. According to Study, “The simple present tense is when you use a verb to tell about things that happen continually in the present, like every day, every week, or every month.”
For Example: I play everyday.
Here, ‘I’ is a boy who plays everyday. It happens everyday. So, It is a simple present Tense.
Where Simple Present Tense is Used?
The simple present tense is used:
- To describe facts and habits
- To describe scheduled events in the future
- To tell stories (particularly jokes) to make your listener or reader feel more engaged with the story.
- To give instructions or directions
- To express fixed arrangements, present or future
- For habits
She drinks coffee at breakfast.
He only eats meat.
We watch videos regularly.
- For repeated actions or events
We catch the bus every day.
It rains every evening in the hot season.
We drive to village home every summer.
- For general truths
Water freezes at zero degrees.
The Earth moves around the Sun.
HIs mother is Peruvian.
- For instructions or directions
Open the pack and pour the contents into cold water.
- For fixed arrangements
Her father arrives tomorrow.
Our holiday starts on the 12th June
- With future constructions
He’ll see you before he leaves.
We’ll give it to her when she arrives.
Forming the simple present tense
Simple Present Tense Structure:
Subject + Verb (Base form/Present form + s/es (optional) + Object
If the subject is 3rd person singular, then you have to put s/es with the verb.
Simple Present Tense Interrogative Negative Sentences Examples
|Simple Present (Affirmative)||Simple Present (Negative)||Simple Present (Interrogative)|
|My father goes to gym every day.||My father does not go to gym every day.||Does my father go to gym every day?|
|They talk too much.||They do not talk too much.||Do they talk too much?|
|he goes to school||He does not go to school?||Does he go to school?|
|I like ice-cream.||I do not like ice-cream.||Do I like ice-cream?|
|You speak English.||You do not speak English.||Do you speak English?|
|She plays tennis.||She does not play tennis.||Does she play tennis?|
|He gets up early every day.||He does not get up early every day.||Does he get up early every day?|
|My son lives in London.||My son does not live in London.||Does my son live in London?|
|We walk slowly.||We do not walk slowly||Do we walk slowly?|
|I like chocolate.||I do not like chocolate.||Do I like chocolate?|
100+ Sentences of Simple Present Tense, Example Sentences for Bangladesh / India/Pakistan/ Philippine
1. He writes an e-mail to his best friend.
2. He gets up early every morning.
3. My teacher sometimes forgets his pen.
4. They speak Hindi in India.
5. My uncle doesn’t speak good English.
6. My brother lives in London.
7. You don’t listen to him.
8. It snows a lot in winter in Europe.
9. My mouse runs very fast.
10. The sun rises at the east.
12. She doesn’t study Urdu on Monday.
13. The earth goes round the sun.
14. Do we know each other?
15. My sister’s dog barks a lot.
16. Does she write an email?
17. My mother takes out the trash.
18. Water freezes at 0°C
19. They speak Bengali in Bangladesh.
20. Do you like spaghetti?
21. I run five miles every morning.
22. My brother never works on the weekends.
23.I like reading detective stories.
24. Do cats like milk?
25. We see them every month.
26. It doesn’t rain here in the winter.
27. The Earth is spherical.
28. I love my new dogs.
29. He doesn’t teach Economics.
30. She drives to school.
31. He plays basketball.
32. We drink coffee every afternoon.
33. He thinks he is very handsome.
34. He goes to work by car.
35. Does he drink coffee?
36. Sonia brushes her teeth twice a day.
37. My sister works at the theater.
38. I run to the party.
39. Noyon doesn’t work.
40. They generally sing songs all together.
41. Does she eat ice cream?
42. It does not smell very delicious in the kitchen.
43. They play tennis every afternoon.
44. New York is in the United State.
45. California is in America.
46. It smells very delicious in the kitchen.
47. Amir brushes her teeth twice a day.
48. My daughter lives in London.
49. Dogs love water.
50. I wash the dishes.
51. Jamil talks very fast.
52. You go to holiday every winter.
53. Does she write an email?
54. I run every week morning.
55. Does she go to school?
56. She likes mango.
57. You have a small house.
58. I don’t have any money.
59. My father never lies.
60. I do not love my new pets.
61. My sister loves this song.
62. Cows eat grass.
63. I don’t like coffee.
64. The course starts next Monday.
65. He doesn’t use a computer.
66. He goes to college.
67. I make the bed.
68. She swims every noon.
69. I like ice-cream.
70. Does he go to school?
71. My daughter does the laundry.
72. We live in Mumbai.
73. Every child dislikes milk.
74. The train does not leave at 1 AM.
75. The train leaves every night
76. They sleep at night.
77. We go to a gallery every Saturday.
78. I speak English at work.
79. It usually rains every morning here.
80. He has a beehive full of bees.
81. She wants to be a doctor.
82. My mother always washes the dishes.
83. You have some homework to do.
84. The children are at school.
85. It usually rains every night here.
86. He goes to cricket every day.
87. The Queen of England lives in Buckingham Palace.
88. It smells very delicious in the kitchen.
89. We go to the language club together.
90. I like math and science.
91. How often do you see me?
92. When do they usually talk to each other?
93. Do they talk a lot ?
94. He catches the train every day.
95. Mona brushes his teeth twice a day.
96. He gets up early regularly.
97. He loves to play cricket.
98. My mother do the ironing.
99. They cook every day.
100. She doesn’t see Pervin every day.
101. Tomorrow early morning first I go to morning walk.
102. Mira enjoys cooking.
103. They do not talk too much.
104. She doesn’t teach chemistry.
105. Does she live in Paris?
106. The train leaves in fifteen minutes.
107. The students wear their uniform.
108. Does she play tennis?
109. I have no money at the moment.
Hope this Present simple example will help you to exercise. We also have features to take quiz or examination on this topic.