Looking for BCS Preliminary book list?
Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) is the dreamiest profession in Bangladesh. It is a nationwide competitive examination in our country. Now we are going to discuss the BCS preliminary preparation book list.
Bangladesh Public Service Commission conducts recruitment to the various cadres. They are BCS Admin, BCS Customs and Excise, BCS Taxation, BCS Foreign Affairs, BCS Police, etc.
Many people do not know how to take BCS Preliminary preparation effectively. We provide the following book list for them.
BCS preparation Book List PDF
The BCS examination has a massive syllabus.
All books are not the best according to each subject. It is a difficult journey to get a BCS profession. But it is achievable.
You can get through the BCS Preliminary Exam. You just have to make an effort for it.
In a guidebook, there are several lessons out of the syllabus. We should read brief questions, notes from guide books. It will be incredibly beneficial for BCS preparation.
Common book list BCS
First of all, I would like to say that BCS is not only about passing the preliminary exam. If anyone wants to be a cadre, he has to coordinate the prelims with the BCS written book.
BCS Book List For All Subjects:
- Two BCS/Preliminary Digest- Assurance & BCS Inception
- Current affairs- (monthly, yearly & BCS Special series)
- 10th to last BCS Preliminary question bank with solution
- Bangla grammar & literature
- Applied English Grammar composition
- The book was compiled from the 10th to the last BCS Written Questions.
- Constitution of Bangladesh
- BCS Map (Bangladesh and International)
- Two sets of books written on all subjects
- It is better to have the whole volume of BanglaPedia
- Two series of non-cadre books
- Economic survey
- Current Affairs (Every month)
- Assurance BCS Digest
- Daily Newspaper
BCS Books for Bangla Grammar & Literature
Bangla Literature is quite essential for preliminary, written, and Viva. There are a few topics and questions that are frequent on the MCQ exam.
We should follow the following books:
- Bangla Bhasha O Sahitya jiggasha
- BCS Bangla Guide- MP3
- Bangla Grammar Book class (IX-X)
- Lal Nil Dipabali
- Agradut Bangladesh – Mofizul Islam Milon
- Lal Nil Dipabali
- (History of Bangla Literature) Dr. Humayun Azad
- Koto Nodi Sorobor (Bengali language history) Dr. Humayun Azad
- Baboharik Bangla Ovidhan- Bangla Academy
- Soumitra Shekhar’s book on Bengali Literary inquiries.
If you have sufficient time, never forget to go through the books of Humayun Azad. The two books are ‘Language and Literature’.
English Grammar Books for BCS
English is the Toughest Part of the preliminary exam. But if you take some effective strategies, you can do well in this part.
For the best preparation, we need to follow several essential topics. We should improve our vocabulary and grammar. Here I mention some necessary English book lists.
- English For Competitive Exams (Writer: Md Fazlul Haque)
- Cliff’s TOEFL
- Peterson’s TOEFL
- “The Sentence of Tense” – SM Jakir Hossain
- “Practical English Usage” by Michael Swan
- “A Passage to the English Language” (Writer: S. M. Zakir Hossain)
- An ABC of English Literature (Writer: Dr. M Mofizar Rahman)
- Applied English Grammar & Composition (Writer: PC Das)
- Common Mistakes in English (Writer: T. J. Fitikides)
- Saifur’s Vocabulary and Saifurs Analogy
- The Daily Star as well as other English Newspapers
- The Oxford History of English Literature – (Writer- Andrew Sanders)
- A Practical English Grammar by A.J. THOMSON, A.V. MARTINET
Bangladesh & International Affair Books
These courses are required for preliminary, written, and especially for the viva exam.
- First, read a guidebook to clear your knowledge according to the syllabus.
- If you watch TV regularly, try to see a news channel that attracts you.
- MP3 Bangladesh & InternationAl affairs
- Daily Newspapers- Prothom Alo, Daily Star, Jugantor, Ittefaq, and other Magazines.
- Monthly Current Affairs (Professors)
- Echo Maddhomik Pouroniti- Second Paper (HSC)
- The Constitution of Bangladesh (with the Latest amendments)
- Somaj Biggan Textbook, Itihas TextBook ( Class IX & X)
- Report of Bangladesh Bureau of latest Statistics
BCS General Knowledge Books:
- Professors Current Affairs from last two or three years (For Current News)
- Ajker Bishwo (General Knowledge Compilation)
- Copy of recent National Budget of Bangladesh
- National Daily (Prothom Alo, The Daily Star)
There is no end to reading and knowing. You can also follow the magazine and the internet to enrich your general knowledge.
Math Books for BCS
There are various math books for BCS. Here is a list of BCS math books. Hopefully, it will make your task easier.
- Professor’s Math Solution
- Saifurs Math
- Barron’s GRE
- Barron’s GMAT
- Barron’s SAT1 (Especially for Geometry)
- Kaplan’s Math (Especially for Arithmetic Segment)
- Professor’s Key to Bank Job (MCQ & Written Math)
- Math books from Class VII, VIII (Written Math)
- MBA, IBM, MBM, EMBA, DU, BIBM (Test paper)
- MP3 Math
- Secondary Geometry [Dimensions, Trigonometry 12.3]
- Lower Secondary Mathematics [8th Class Arithmetic]
BCS General Science Books
Science is another Difficult part of the current exam pattern. For the written exam, the science syllabus is a Huge, Tough, and most vital course. According to the science courses, the total number of different candidates is mainly determined.
- BCS Preliminary Science Guide Published by Oracle
- Have to Complete all General Science Books (From Class VI-X)
- Physics [9th grade]
- Chemistry [9th grade]
- Biology Science [9th grade]
- Read Daily Science & Environmental Pages from the Daily Newspapers
Computer knowledge book list for BCS
- Basic Knowledge of Computer & Information Technology (IT).
- Computer Board Books from ( SSC and HSC )
BCS Mental Ability: BCS preparation Books
- Professor Mental Ability
- Oracle Mental Ability
- Khairul’s Mental Ability
Morality & values & Good governance
- Secondary and Higher Secondary Pouroniti (First & Second)
- Nagorikder Jana Valo by Muhammad Habibur Rahman
- BCS Preliminary: Ethics, Values & Good Governance (Joykoly Publishers/ Saifurs)
- BPSC Exams Question-Bank/Job Solutions
- Assurance Guide
Geography, Environment & Disaster Management BCS Books:
- Secondary Geography and Environmental Science (9-10)
- Assurance Guide
Extra Tips for BCS:
- You have to connect yourself with the current world. Read Daily English, Bengali Newspaper for national and international affairs.
- Practice vocabulary every day. In the Grammar part, you must study parts of speech, Idioms, Appropriate prepositions, Translation, antonym-synonym, Analogy, etc.
- It is harmful to learn anything without understanding. So we should first understand the topic.
- Go through the ‘BCS Question Bank’ of the last preliminary exams first.
- Make a list of the crucial chapters. Find out the essential issues about a chapter and solve those problems as per your priority list.
Do not hesitate more and never mistrust your quality-level. The BCS cadres, who are in their jobs now, are not superhuman at all. Most of them were ordinary students like you. So have confidence in yourself.
Above all, I have tried to write one of the best BCS booklists. The books as mentioned above will assist you a lot in getting a chance in BCS prelims. If you face any problems, please let us know through the comment section. We will reply as soon as possible.